AUXLANG August 1998, Week 3

Decision: follow-up

Robert Petry <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 16 Aug 1998 12:32:46 PDT

Recentlyl I posted a note about my coming decision(s). Now I have
completed
the decision(s) and wish to let you know what they are.

As you know now, Occidental and Rap Lin Rie are the IAL's of my
choice. I have looked at Esperanto, Ido, Novial, Glosa,
Interglossa, Mundial, Interlingua, Speedwords, and a few others.

As most of you now know, I discovered Speedwords and Esperanto at
the same time in 1955 or 1956. Since I was studying Spanish at
the time, I decided I did not want to learn Esperanto. But, did
decide to learn and use Speedwords. Today, I have, as you know
nicknamed it Rap Lin Rie.

In order to try and be fair to myself,and others, I have during the past
few
weeks reviewed the Esperanto books I have on my desk by the
computer along with several other language books. For me, I still
do not "relate" well with the Esperanto method. And, I am on the
discussion lists for some of the other languages, or read their
archives. That way, I have tried not to make a decision without
at least looking at the others over a period of time. The literal
and last language I looked at was Occidental. Prior to finding
the Occidental materials I was going through the Interlingua
Dictionary, and some of the IALA reports I found.

Bottom line, which you all already know, is that I am now
committed to Rap Lin Rie and Occidental. In fact, so much so,
that I have now begun a full time endeavor of working with them.
To me they make a wonderfully compatible combination. And,
through the two of them, I can offer both the "artificial" along
with "naturality" and "regularity" plus, "internationality" via
the package of both Occidental and Rap Lin Rie.

No longer am I working from the premise of deciding if these two
languages work. There is no question that they do, and in my
personal opinion, they are exceptional in the field. And, can be
used "out of the box" right now, without tinkering. Everything is
in place for their immediate use.

Now, how to present the information about Rap Lin Rie and
Occidental?

Since I have the rights now for exclusive publication, Rap Lin Rie
will be reproduced in updated texts and expanded texts. The
information will not be given away. Just as any text of
Experanto, Spanish, etc. they will be marketed for a proper fee.
All fees will go towards building and accomplishing Dutton's four
stage goal. Enough general information will be placed on the
internet to encourage interest and usage of Rap Lin Rie to those
who visit the various RLR sites.

With Occidental, the same will be done. Enough general
information will be placed on the Internet to encourage interest
and usage, but all teaching materials will be placed in hard copy
for distribution through our representatives in various
countries. Also, the articles in Kos/Cos will be reproduced in
hard copy booklets and/or articles. Plus, much old and new
material will be published in the Nov Cosmoglotta magazine, along
with advertising for courses, grammars, dictionaries etc.

Soon, our webpages at xoom.com will begin having pages listing
articles, booklets, books, etc. available both in Occidental or
Rap Lin Rie, and soon, a couple of items in both RLR and
Occidental.

Also, we have begun planning for a board of advisors to help in
the promotion and dissemination of both RLR and Occidental. As
this board grows, and we all gain enough experience through
usage, it will then begin to make suggestions on needs for adding
any REAL needed changes or additions to Occ or RLR. Just as the
"French Academie" did with Occidental when it was at its prime.
With the start we already have, it shouldn't be long before there
are representatives in several nations. These representatives
will be responsible for building local "chapters" of
RLR/Occidental users.

Once some of the framework is in place we will be offering a
wordprocesser that is geared to usage with both Occidental and
RLR. And, eventually, a teaching software program for either RLR
or Occidenta or both. As you can well imagine, none of this will
come overnight, but, the important thing is this. The first steps
have already been taken, and will be continued until these tools
are available.

Also, a new Occidental logo will be available for use on business
cards, stationary, publications, and other specialty items we
will be offering in the very near future.

Both RLR and Occidental are an OPEN based endeavor for
communication with multiple millions of people on this planet.
They are not geared to gaining adherents to a CLOSED society.

Much more is in the works, but those are the decision(s) made so
far that may be of interest to some of you.

For your further information, soon the following topics will be
placed on the http://members.xoom.com/Diplomat
location. They are articles, booklets, or books offered to those
who are involved in this endeavor to give the world a functioning
alternative in the IAL field.

1. Nov Cosmoglotta magazine. Quarterly. 64 pages.
2. Essentie de Occidental.
& Li Ovre de de Wahl. Booklets. de E. Pigal
3. L'Occidental en cinq Lecons. (French/Occidental lessons" 20
pages
4. Complete Grammar de Occidental, in Occidental. C. Janotta.
5. Interlingue in Interlingue, de Dr. F. Haas
6. Repetiore de Occidental, C. Janotta.
7. Rap Lin Rie Dictionaries.
8. Rap Lin Rie Complete Textbook.
9. Companion to RLR Textbook.
10. Supplement to RLR Textbook.
11. 100 Speedwords with 20 Exercises.
12. Dictation Exercises, 1,000 Most Frequent Words with 100
Exercises.
13. Li principies de Occidental. (updated)
14. Li Ovre de Edgar de Wahl. (updated)
15. Occidental German Dictionary.
16. Original Radicardium Directiv del Lingue International
(Occidental) in 8 lingues.
17. And, nearly a hundred or more other articles, including
18. Sherlock Holmes in RLR (learn RLR by reading Sherlock
Holmes), and more.

So, these are the up front decisions and actions I have and am
taking. Already several people have come on board to help me plan
and impliment the above, and that's just the beginning.

If anyone is really serious about going on beyond debating q and
k, and -ore and -ita', artificial versus natural, etc, etc., then
you might want to think about helping push this boulder that
won't stop once it gets rolling. I'm not kidding or playing a
game, this is serious, and I am committed along with enough
others to get it going.

As the song goes, "We've only just begun....... ", and all
friends are welcome to join us. Or, if you are skeptical, we'd
love for you to sit back and watch things happen.

Al l sue,
Bob, x+