AUXLANG November 1998, Week 4

Instigating more growth! Thanks.

"Robert J. Petry" <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 22 Nov 1998 22:53:02 -0700

I have always found in the past, and its turning out to be true
today, when people spread untruths the requests for my lists grow
like crazy. And, now, its happening again.
I think this is because most people can see through the smoke and
mirrors.

I had signed off this list because it seemed like one way to make
someone happy. Well, guess it didn't. I'm sorry about that.

It is interesting reading things Iam supposed to have done, and
didn't. And, it is interesting to now see that what I had been
threatened with is now being attempted. Guess folks thought I was
making that up. Wasn't.

Now, some quick points and I'll leave you alone again.

1. I am not trying to make lucre off the Cos material. Check certain
other IAL pages and you'll notice someone needs to look in a mirror,
big time. Of course, continue to believe a lie if you wish.
2. I did not copy the Declaration of Human Rights from another
person, unless he wrote it before April, 1951. Another deliberate lie
I suppose. Wonder why?
3. The various sites I mentioned having misinformation on them about
Occidental, including attempts to make de Wahl and Occidentalists
racist, were not on only one groups page. People like to support lies
I guess instead of the truth. Different IAL groups sponsor these
pages.
4. The Occidental list is for both English and Occidental. So, there
is no need there to put everything in Occidental.
5. The lingue list is for Occidental, and it is a restricted list so
certain folks who like to try and disrupt others on their lists by
using fictitious emails and names are not permitted, and removed when
caught, as was recently done.
6. A comparison between Occ and another language is not defamation.
And, such a comparison shows what is actually there for another to
make a decision upon.
7. Those who think it is wrong to make comparisons don't know what
they are talking about. Every IAL that I know of has made, and still
makes, comparisons between IAL's and even Natlangs.
8. In spite of the hopes of others who are against what I am doing, I
am not making a mistake following some of the practices of Cos. and
early Occidentalists as I grow to understand what they were doing and
why. The proof of the pudding shows, but of course, some don't want
to hear that, cause, it can't be true. Bob's just exaggerating. Well,
those who believe that, dream on.
9. It is ludicrous to suppose I am attempting to defame Ila. I have
hardly mentioned the language in comparison to the other major
languages I have mentioned. They haven't complained I am trying to
defame them. They know the game, some don't seem to understand it.
10. No one on this list was asked to translate an Occidental
promotion in English into Occidental or Ila. It was given to a
private list for possible practice in learning to translate into
Occidental since most folks there are just beginning.
11. One here stated I would have posted a note to this list if I felt
secure in discussing it here. That is not why I didn't post it here.
It is not a matter of security. It is a matter of refusing to post
certain material here for certain people who should go find the
material themselves.
12. Of course, it is relavent that Occ has been around for 76 years,
and has a solid foundation. That saves time in presenting it to a
world that doesn't know it exists, and are now finding out about it,
and frankly, are quite enthusiastic about it, versus some on the IAL
lists who aren't enthusiastic about much of anything. It dosn't have
to be created again, just properly promoted. Bellieve me, that is
saving a lot of time.
13. Some bespeak themselves in "hopin" Occidental won't revive
widely. So, they say it is a moot question, or irrelavant. So much
for what they know.
14. And, finally, in spite of the fact that there is lots to discuss
since I quit this list. If anyone feels that Occidental isn't
growing, just continue to sit in the computer room, and don't watch
what is actually happening, versus what some hope is happening. Many
it seems, hope nothing is happening, and they darn sure are going to
help make sure nothing happens. Too bad, they will just be left in
the dust.
It is ridiculous for me to try and answer or respond to all the
misinformation already mentioned about Occidental, and about my
intentions, etc. So, I will just sit back and watch the
"misinformation" continue, and watch the hits to the sites, and lists
go up and up and up. And, for that I truly wish to thank all who have
caused this to happen. You give me wonderful advertising and
propaganda, so please don't stop. I love every minute of it, because
I get to see the positive results of negative attempts.
So, enjoy yourselves, and I will just lurk now, and laugh all the way
to some fantastic growth. And, just think, anyone could have done
what I am doing if they had only promoted instead of dissected.
To those on the list with good will, I send my warmest greetings and
best wishes.
To those who hope everything I do falls away, well, I wish the best
to you also. For, you are the ones who help me the most.

Al l sue,
Bob, x+

P.S. During December, for celebrating the 50th anniv. of the
Declaration of Human Rights, the text of the Declaration will be in
the scrolling display on the website so people can read it as it was
originally translated in Interlingue before the Ila grammar and
dictionary came out. The Declaration of Human Rights was approved 10
December 1948, and was not long after that translated into
Interlingue/Occidental and that will be up on the website, the whole
thing, in ORIGINAL Interlingue/Occidental in case anyone wants to
know the truth.