CONLANG  December 1998, Week 3

CONLANG December 1998, Week 3

Re: Egyptian based Conlangs

David Bush <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 15 Dec 1998 13:02:47 -0700

I have the Egyptian Language book.  IMHO, It is more for the hieroglyphic
angle of the language, and is little use for any deep understanding of
it.  I have used the book for a few words for my vocabulary in Kesa, but
have not used Egyptian to any great length.

David

Does anyone know if anybody has ever based a conlang on Egyptian?  There
is
ample room for creation, because the most information on Egyptian Verbs
I've
ever seen is E. A. Wallis Budge's Egyptian Language book.  There is also
an
excellent basis for vocabulary, given the same author's two volume
Dictionary of Egyptian Hieroglyphics.  As is usual for me, something is
itching me away from my current conlang (Tit'xka), this time it is
Egyptian.
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]