AUXLANG January 1999, Week 4

Grammar

Kjell Rehnstrom <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 23 Jan 1999 19:14:01 +0100

Suggestopoedia seems to work very well for people who believe in it (as the
name
implies!).  I once tried giving alternative identities to a beginners' English
class and they loved it, but it doesn't always work - depends on the particular
group of students.  Similarly, I enjoy the Suggestopoedia music+relaxation
vocabulary sessions, but when I tried it with my wife, she hated it.

I think that the big thing with suggestopedia - as I saw it demonstrated -
was that you used parallel texts. At least when