CONLANG  March 1999, Week 3

CONLANG March 1999, Week 3

Tiny Grammar

Gary Shannon <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 16 Mar 1999 00:17:05 -0800

Hi all--

As a newcomer to this list I would sure appreciate any comments on my latest
hair-brained scheme.

Can the complete comprehensive grammar textbook of a conlang be written on
the back of a single postcard?

My proposed conlang, Rupin, has only eight rules of grammar and sentence
construction.  I believe that with a little judicious re-wording I can get
it down to six rules.  That would leave room on the postcard for some
annotations and examples.

These few rules and an English to Rupin dictionary are all that is necessary
to know everything there is to know about the language.

The preliminary grammar is posted at http://www.rio.com/~reboot/rupin1.html
if you'd care to have a look.

Thanks,

--Gary Shannon