CONLANG  June 1999, Week 1

CONLANG June 1999, Week 1

Re(3): CHAT: Anglicisms

Barry Garcia <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 3 Jun 1999 16:01:12 -0700

[log in to unmask] writes:
>Wow!! Another conlanger with Filipino relatives!! And I thought I
>was the only one here on the list like that.
>
>I'd like to see a sample of your language. It'd be interesting to
>see how you have applied the focus system in Sakatda Ka Kadomo.
>
>Mabuhay!
>-kristian- 8)

i was amazed too when i saw you had created a conlang also based off of
the focus system (i thought i was like the only conlanger who thought of
doing that! =) ).
My relatives are from the Visayas (Aklan and Capiz) . Anyway i think i got
the focus system correct. I added a few more focuses in than i found in my
Tagalog language book. Anyway its still rough (i'm restructuring things).
But you can have a look at it at:
http://student.monterey.edu/dh/garciabarryjames/world/Conlang.html

heres a small sample:

I ate yesterday. - Yankait ko kaabo.

Yesterday, the mango was eaten by me - Kaabo, gankait ko ng manga.

I ate at the mall - Jankait ko ng "mall"

some things in Sakatda Ka Kadomo are directly taken from Tagalog. But most
of the words i changed the sounds so they werent too obvious.

                    "Bailando en el fuego con un gran deseo" - India