CONLANG  June 1999, Week 1

CONLANG June 1999, Week 1

Learning Conlangs

Mia Soderquist <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 4 Jun 1999 14:52:17 -0400

At one time I felt pretty comfortable with ea-luna for the few limited
topics that I was writing a lot about at that time. I lose languages
quickly when I am not actively practicing them-- Easy come, easy go, as
they say-- and so I am relearning it now that I am looking at it again.
I'd like to gain better fluency this time around, so I am planning on
writing a lot, and making some recordings. It only exists on paper, so I
will get a good look at my vocabulary when I start typing it into the
computer.

I have also started another language called Simbaia (though it might
actually be Simbaya or Simbaiya), which I am really enjoying. It seems
meant to be spoken. I feel like I have to make a choice betwee