CONLANG  June 1999, Week 1

CONLANG June 1999, Week 1

Re: Necessity of Conculture?

Dan Sulani <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 2 Jun 1999 21:34:16 +0300

Jim Henry wrote:

> My current project {gzb} is a personal experiment; it is based on a
> small but real culture, namely me.  I intended it for keeping journals
> & writing notes to myself, so I lexicalize things I talk or think about
> frequently as root words, etc.  I want to observe how the process of
> making and using it affects me, though, so I'm building other basic
> distinctions into its root lexicon that I normally wouldn't make when
> speaking my idiolect of English or Esperanto.

    Also, consider for encoding, grammatical distinctions you use most often.
Any distinctions you'd _want_ to use that English or Esperanto don't
provide? Don't forget about _them_.
Anyhow, good luck on your project.

Dan Sulani

--
 likehsna  rtem  zuv  tikuhnuh  auag  inuvuz  vaka'a.

 A  word  is  an  awesome  thing.