does really nobody except Jay Pershad (thanks) have any opinions
about the diagnostic workup of SIDS, or is everybody on holiday?
Allow me one extra try:
1) do you do chemistry on blood? fetal hemoglobin? others (apart from
bloodcultures)? did it ever lead you to some worthwhile conclusion?
2) does anybody take vitreous humour? for which analysis?
3) do you do a chest Xray (apart from the babygram) and which normal
postmortem changes have to be taken into account on the chest Xray?
4) do you do funduscopy and which normal postmortem changes
have to be taken into account on the funduscopy?
5) do you do a brain-CT in every case?
6) any other special suggestions?
Dr. Nikolaus Lutz-Dettinger
Dept. of Intensive Care
University Hospital Gent
De Pintelaan 185
B 9000 Gent
tel.: **32 - 9 - 240 21 11
fax: **32 - 9 - 240 49 95
email: [log in to unmask]
For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the message: info PED-EM-L
The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: