I think we would scan when the patient presents with tihs scenario. Then admit
for observation or have patient return for repeat exam ( might got to PMD
office) Then if still symptomatic a repeat scan could be performed.
If one waits to let a small bleed percolate, how could you know when to scan?
If you wait, what about the kid whoose bleed is already detectable, is it safe
to let them sit around for hours? If the scan is delayed and negative, then
what do you do?
For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the message: info PED-EM-L
The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: