On Fri, 3 Dec 1999, Frans Wiering wrote:
> I have been working with DynaText (version 3.1) for some days and
> am now struggling with 2 problems:
First of all, I'm assuming you really do mean DynaText, and not Dynaweb.
If you mean Dynaweb, let me know.
Here is how I did it:
> 1. how to get <xref> and <xprt> working
First, the encoding:
<P>blah blah blah ... <xref id="xteiHP01" n="http://www.uic.edu/orgs/tei/">
Text Encoding Initiative's Guidelines For Electronic Text Encoding and
Now the Dynatext fulltext.v style:
<font-weight> Demibold </>
<foreground> OrangeRed1 </>
<script> ebt-link window="new" book="attr(DOC)" showtoc="true"
(Note that for Dynaweb, idmatch must become xidmatch, something that is
not in the online doc but only in the subsequent release notes).
> 2. how to show <figure>s
<!DOCTYPE TEI.2 PUBLIC "-//Brown University Women Writers Project//DTD
WWP general documentation DTD//EN" [
<!ENTITY dic.gif system "/home/wwp/dtext/train/figures/dic.gif" NDATA gif>
<! ... -->
<P> .... blah blah ... <seg type="figure"><figure entity="dic.gif">
<figDesc>Here is an example of a dropped initial capital</figDesc>
And here is the Dynatext fulltext.v style:
<foreground> red </>
<script> ebt-raster filename="attr(entity,ancestor(figure))" </>
<justification> Center </>
<break-before> Line </>
<break-after> Line </>
> Both seem to have to do with resolving external entities into
> filenames. I find the instructions in the manual rather
You are right, they are often difficult to understand and the examples
rarely seem to be relevant to humanities computing.
Let me know if you need more examples or descriptive prose concerning
the above questions.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Carole E. Mah [log in to unmask]
Brown University Women Writers Project