>From: Nik Taylor <[log in to unmask]>

> > They raised a
> > mutiny-rebellion (the reason for it is not yet known) and decided to
>found
> > their own free state somewhere in the south-west of Gallia/Gaul.
>
>And the Romans never came after them?  It's unlikely that a mutiny like
>that would remain for very long, they'd send a couple of legions there
>to crush them, I'm sure.

I believe it's because it was very hard to find them. Exactly for that
reason they decided not to stay in the south-west of Gaul and sailed the
Biscayan Gulf to find the Panian Archipelago. These territories were not
known in that time for Romans.

> > Middle and New Ages)
>
>New Ages?

Well, how do you call a period after the Middle Ages - say, 17-19 centuries?
We in Russian called it verbatim "The New Time".  Renaissance?  No, I don't
think...

AVLVS ARTORIVS ARIVS SARMATICVS, CIVIS ET BARBARVS NOVAE ROMAE ETIAM
PROPRAETOR SARMATIAE PROVINCIAE

LIBERTAS INAESTIMABILIS RES EST

VALETE IN PACE