>From: Tom Wier <[log in to unmask]>

>Well, depending on who you ask, the "Renaissance" went from about 1350 to
>1550/1600, after which you get the "Age of Reason/Enlightenment", then the
>"Progressive Age" and such.  The point is:  the ages are named based on the
>unifying feature, if any, that made them important for *future* periods of
>time.
>(Classical Greece didn't become classical until much, much later).  So, if
>you're
>constructing your own periodization of history*,

OK, now I got it! The "Age of Reason/Enlightenment" and "Progressive Age"
were that I meant. I don't wanr to create my own periodization of history,
just in Russian lang, I assure you, the period you call "Age of
Reason/Enlightenment", then the "Progressive Age", is called litterally "The
New Time" (at least it was so when I studied history in school and
University;-)).

Artyom.