IIRC, the Chinese actually traditionally reckoned age from conception, so
when the baby reaches three months of age out of the womb, they would start
calling him/her (I almost said 'it' -- why is it acceptable to call a baby
it but not an adult?) a year old.

I've noticed people using months to describe the age of babies all the way
up to 24 months/2 years. I heard a comedian once spoofing this concept,
wondering why adults don't use months for themselves :)

Eric Christopherson