At 20:31 16/02/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Christophe Grandsire wrote:
>> First, The nasal cavity is a little open but the oral cavity is closed.
>> Then I close both the oral and nasal cavity, then I open both (whereas for
>> a simple stop I would open only the oral cavity).
>
>So, if I understand correctly, the following sound would be nasalized?
>I.e., ~da would be something like [nda~]?

Maybe slightly, but I'm not even sure of that. Anyway, I don't nasalise
vowels after a normal nasal like /m/, so I don't do that either with those
nasalised stops like ~b. It may be due to the fact that I'm French and that
we control rather well nasalisation in our native language :) .

                                                Christophe Grandsire
                                                |Sela Jemufan Atlinan C.G.

"Reality is just another point of view."

homepage : http://rainbow.conlang.org