At 11:17 25/02/00 CST, you wrote:
>Hey, since we've been talking about massive phonologies, how about the other
>extreme?  Any ideas for a conlang with as FEW consonants and vowels as
>possible?

When I was still in High School, I worked on a language with a very small
inventory of phonemes:

four consonnants: m f s k
four vowels: a i o u

For a reason that escapes me, /i/ had the allophone [e] at the end of words.

The syntax was accusative, three cases: nominative-accusative-genitive, and
auxiliaries like in English. I must have my notes on it at home if anyone
is interested (oh! anyone in affirmative sentence :) ).

Oh yeah, the language was called "amia" ['amia].

                                                Christophe Grandsire
                                                |Sela Jemufan Atlinan C.G.

"Reality is just another point of view."

homepage : http://rainbow.conlang.org
(ou : http://www.bde.espci.fr/homepages/Christophe.Grandsire/index.html)