In a message dated 2/26/2000 1:48:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< "anymore" in an affirmative sentence makes my idiolect cringe. I
 first heard this usage back in university, and balked at it then, but
 greater exposure made it something I accepted, but never internalized. I
 haven't heard this in quite a while, but here it is again. In a negative
 sentence, piece o' cake, but in an affirmative sentence, I'd opt for "these
 days" or some such. Is this just my idiolect, or something more "back East"?
 Other Northeast speakers? >>

Detroit area for sure-- it made me cringe too, but after almost half my life
in that area I now use it too, a little deliberately and often, I suspect,
not quite "natively" Roger