DOUGLAS KOLLER <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> From: "dirk elzinga"
>
> > it's a historical curiosity anymore.
>
> A detour: "anymore" in an affirmative sentence makes my idiolect cringe.
> ... Is this just my idiolect, or something more "back East"?

    I don't even know what it means.  Does it mean "It didn't used to be but
it is now." or "It used to be and still is."?

> Other Northeast speakers?

    I'm a native speaker of English whose lived most of my life in
Connecticut.

             Dennis Paul Himes    <>    [log in to unmask]
                  http://www.connix.com/~dennis/dennis.htm

Disclaimer: "True, I talk of dreams; which are the children of an idle
brain, begot of nothing but vain fantasy; which is as thin of substance as
the air."                      - Romeo & Juliet, Act I Scene iv Verse 96-99