Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 22:29:34 -0000
From: The LINGUIST Network <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: 11.419, Qs: Shwa/American English, "Anymore"/American Eng

LINGUIST List:  Vol-11-419. Mon Feb 28 2000. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Date:  Sun, 27 Feb 2000 18:25:18 +0000
From:  Gleeson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:  Positive 'any more' and Hiberno-English

I am currently researching an undergraduate project on the use of positive
'anymore' in Hiberno (Irish) English. For example, speakers of some
dialects of Hiberno-English might say "I'll do that anymore", meaning "I
will do that from now on".

An important aspect of the project will be a comparison of this phenomenon
with the use of positive 'anymore' to mean "nowadays" in some dialects of
American English. I would be interested to know if anyone has done any
research in this area or knows of sources that would be of use to me. I
will post a summary of my findings when the project is complete, if there
is any interest.

Sincerely,
Jim Gleeson
University College Dublin,