Let's see,

Kristian Jensen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Its called a (lamino-) denti-alveolar sound. I put 'lamino-'
>in parenthesis because denti-alveolar sounds are always laminal.

BUT John Cowan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> How would you call it?
>"Palato-alveolar", or sometimes "alveolo-palatal", take
>your choice.

I think Kristian may be right here, John, since his
description looks more like what I described (the
sound is really made with the teeth and the blade
of the tongue -- there's contact with the alveola
and the palatal ridge, but no sound produced *there*.

Maybe you missed the important part of the description,
that the tip of the tongue touches the *lower* teeth
while the upper teeth press the blade.

Anyway, thanks to you both -- now I know two different
sounds instead of one!

--Pablo Flores