* yl-ruil ([log in to unmask]) [000229 20:21]:
> Robert Hailman euecuet:
> > Well, thank you, and have a nice day.
>
> Never say this again, otherwise I may be forced to kill you ;). This is
> nothing personal, just a cultural pet-hate. I'm sure any other English
> people on the list will agree when I say we find it VERY irritating. But
> apart from that, good luck kidder.

Why is this a pet-hate? Hmmm... makes me think of shop-clerks... "thanks
for buying Jalla-burger and have a nice day!" Lower-class? Is that why?

One of my pet-hates is default politeness and indirect commands and
questions... "it's chilly in here" meaning "close the #%@ window!".
How handy it is to be "God" for a conculture and explicitly brand that
kind of behavior as foreign, traitorous and impolite :) "He couldn't get
to the point, what a loser!"

t.