Robert Hailman wrote:
> Which ASCII representation of the IPA is used here? In Kirshenbaum my
> <x> is /Q/, but in Carrasquer and SAMPA it's <G>.

The Conlang representation.  :-)  There actually isn't one system.
Generally, people tend to use a slight modification of SAMPA.  For
instance, /&/ is used for ash (ae ligature, the sound in most
[American?] pronunciations of "cat")

> www.conlang.org doesn't seem to work for me, I've tried it twice today
> and I can't get in. Maybe the server isn't working.

Same here.  Must be down.

--
"If the stars should appear one night in a thousand years, how would men
believe and adore, and preserve for many generations the remembrance of