        We obtain informed written consent for all patients undergoing
lumbar puncture or conscious sedation in the ED.  Currently we use a generic
consent form on which we write in risks, benefits, and indications by hand.
What is written differs from physician to physician, some are of better
quality than others.  It would be more efficient and more complete to have
standard phrasing for these common procedures.  Does anyone currently have
such standard forms with wording that they are happy with?

John Loiselle, MD
Division of Emergency Medicine
A. I. duPont Hospital for Children

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: