At 10:05 PM 3/2/00 +1200, Jean-Marc wrote:
>"Robert F. Ling" wrote:
>
>> THIS was the post Jean-Marc referred to, in which I wrote:
>>
>> *>A RESPONSIBLE diver, alone or not, at ANY depth, should
>> *>
>> *>          NEVER, EVER, EVER, NEVER, NEVER ...
>> *>
>> *>be so CARELESS as to find himself/herself in such an OOA situation!
>> *>
>> *>It SHOULD BE a NON-existent scenario.  :-)
>
>I thought that your "such an OOA situation" referred to the case
>where one doesn't monitor one's air properly.

>> *>A RESPONSIBLE diver, alone or not, at ANY depth, should
>> *>
>> *>          NEVER, EVER, EVER, NEVER, NEVER ...

is an unconditional statement in the rest of my post.

An instructor, with plenty of AIR (two minutes?) and WARNING
(reg freeflow) at 50 m and was OOA at 35 m (your revised
depth <G>), and you're defending it?

You've gotta be kidding, JM.

>Apparently you meant something else. I therefore withdraw my "me
>too".

No, I meant the above.  Yes, you never understood those two lines
when you said "me too".

Wish you and your two instructor luck.  You'll NEED LOTS of it.

-- Bob.