At 12:57 AM 3/3/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I've got some used underwater video gear for sale.  If you are interested
>click this:  www.diverdan.cx/gear.html
>I'm selling it because I just bought a digital camera (Sony Mavica FD-83)
>and NEED money to buy an Ikelite housing for it :)
>
>Daniel
>www.diverdan.cx

Daniel,
The Mavicas are not suited for underwater work except as  close up cameras.
They use infrared light beams for the auto focus and we all know what water
does to light.  If used at middle distances the cameras almost invariably
set the focus for infinity.   Plus the Mavica's file storage is very
limited.  The camera line is fine for surface work, where you can plug in a
new floppy every few shots. (I've learned that you almost never shoot
digital cameras at their lowest resolution settings)  But, even Ike said
it's not his choice of cameras, he makes the housings because people keep
asking for them. (From a conservation between Ike Brigham and myself in 1998)
Your regular 8mm video cameras when using a capture device like the
"Snappy" can give reasonably good 640x480 images.  You may want to rethink
your plans.

                                Best Regards
                                    Ron Fuller

Diego Web Hosting