At 07:04 PM 3/4/00 +1100, Strike wrote:
>On Sunday, March 05, 2000 6:11 PM, Christian Gerzner wrote:
>
>> Jean-Marc,
>>
>> I have decided that I really do not wish, any more, to argue with the
>> Strikes and RFL's of this world.
>
>Because - in my case - my view of diving differs from your own?

I have been waiting for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time to utter these two
little words:  "me too" in reply to Christian.  :-)

>> You may have noticed, indeed I may not post any more to this list,
>> sadly, because it is usurped by some egocentric, uhhh, beings.
>
>I try as far as possible, (and especially where diving technique
>or practices are concerned), to tackle the ball - not the player.
>Sometimes the two become indistinguishable!.

Hey Strike, that sounds like my explanation to Luke and others
about their imperfect understanding of 'ad hominem' tackles,
invented by a Polish master-baiter!   :-)

>I do not believe that, in the recent thread about hose cutting, I
>was critical of YOU as the person proposing the practice?  Was I?

Of course not!  You and I and everyone else were critical of his
proposed PRACTICE of hose cutting as an OOA remedy.  Well ...
not everyone.  Michael Levy, Esq. and perhaps Monsieur Vitoux
(aka Jean Marc) excepted.

>> Sadly because there are some pretty decent people here.
>
>Yes, there are!  And as far as I'm now concerned,take your ball
>and go home if you feel that your views on diving are beyond
>reproach!
>
>Strike

Dammit!  I have to say "me too", and that's TWICE in one post, and
I haven't used those keywords in many moons.  :-)

-- Bob.