At 08:05 PM 3/7/00 -0500, Lee wrote:
>Robert F. Ling wrote:
>
>> He has even been promoted to FULL professor there are.  In Italy,
>> and Italy ONLY (gotta anticipate them wise-guys around), a FULL
>> professor means he is FULL of it!
>
>Probably true.  Here in the U.S., the progression goes BS (we all know what
>that is), MS (more of the same) and PHD (piled higher and deeper) <grin>.

HOWEVER!  :)   It is neither necessary nor sufficient for your PHD
to be FULL (of it) as Giovanni's Professorship, if you know what
that expression (nnns) mean!  And it also is nnns for an Italian
Italian Prof who is FULL (of it) to be a PHD.

For those and other reasons, some are stuck at/with their BS for
life.  <BG>

-- Bob.