I posted some quotes from my correspondence with Adrian, for
two points (important for understanding the phonology of his conlang)
were absolutely new to me, and may be interesting to others:

1)
>> - Therefore, _gone_ rimes with _loan_?
>
>No. _Loan_ has a dipthong (_liun_ in Gz^rod|in
>spelling)
<...>
>To me, _dot_, _gone_ and _boat_ all have different
>vowels (or dipthongs in the case of _boat_).
>
>You can approximate the vowel in _gone_ by
>lengthening the vowel in _dot_, but it *is*
>different - in much the same way that _ih_ and
>_ee_ are similar but different.
>
>Also: you know the vowel that Japanese people
>often express to confirm understanding? (An
>English speaker would probably say Oh or Ah.)
>Well, that vowel is not too far off from the
>vowel in _gone_.
<...>

- O. K., neither OH nor OA...
Adrian, can you find some word rimimg with _gone_ in SAu?

_On_? _Drawn_? _Gun_?

Can you point to some word with the same vowel not before [n]?

2)

>> > I'd render these as all the same vowel, and the
>> > same as in _bot_.
>>
>> - That is, the vowels in _long_ and in _law_,
>> _talk_ are different?
>
>Yes - the last two are dipthongs.

- Really?!

Do you mean that you feel it gliding from a wider articulation to
a narrower one?

If so, the Americans will probably hear your _law_ as _low_, and
your _walk_ as _woke_ :)

Basilius