Eric Christopherson wrote:
> Anyway, I don't know. It just seems to me like a morpheme would be
> fundamental and atomic, even though obviously the converse has been
> demonstrated.

It usually is - infixes are pretty rare.  In fact, I think that the
expletive-infixation is caused by the secondary stressings "absolutely"
sounds like two words to many people "abso lutely".  Besides, bound
morphemes usually evolve from free words, so it seems odd that a word
should be stuck inside another word.  But, then again, there are at
least a few cases of affixes moving around in a word.

--
"If the stars should appear one night in a thousand years, how would men
believe and adore, and preserve for many generations the remembrance of