Eric Christopherson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Wow, now this is interesting. I've thought a bit about this before, but
>have never heard of anyone infixing in Spanish. Does anyone else say
>_azuquitar_? (Sadly "small sugar" seems like a concept which would be very
>rarely discussed.)

I personally don't use the word, but it's common around;
one feature of some people's speech is to add the diminutive
(suf|in)fix to every noun and adjective, especially when
talking to little children (not to the point of Mexican
Spanish where you can hear e. g. _ahorita mismito_).

--Pablo Flores
  http://www.geocities.com/pablo-david/index.html
  ... I cannot combine any characters that the divine Library
  has not foreseen, which in some of its secret tongues do not
  bear some terrible meaning. No-one can articulate a syllable
  not filled of caresses and fears; which is not, in some one
  of those languages, the powerful name of a god...
                   Jorge Luis Borges, _The Library of Babel_