Nik Taylor skre:

> James Campbell wrote:
> > This made interesting reading. Conlanging is a art form, is it not?
>
> Maybe.  I tend to think of it as a hobby, rather than an art form.  But,
> I can see the argument for calling it an art-form.

My conlanging is a hobby, too. There's little in it I could call artful (but
then I tend to have a low opinion of my own work). If I [still] painted,
that would be a hobby I would hesitate to call art; it would be for
enjoyment only, like the conlanging. But I do feel that conlanging in
general is an art form, and here on this list we have our own Matisses,
Dalis, Turners and Lichtensteins. /Blessed Jorthel/, Campbell, stop being so
pretentious.

[log in to unmask]  James Campbell  Zeugma--Our Life Is Design  www.zolid.com