Jens_Daniel Persson wrote:
> In swedish plural of 'man' (=man) is 'män' (the middle letter is supposed to
> be an 'a' with dots; perhaps it shows up strange on your computer).

I believe that's a general Germanic phenomenon, occuring in the original
proto-Germanic.  Altho a number of the words have been regularized, like
books (not beech) and cows (not kyne).  Afrikaans has, I believe,
regularized your example to something like "mans"

--
"If the stars should appear one night in a thousand years, how would men
believe and adore, and preserve for many generations the remembrance of