Muke Tever wrote:

> >From:    Nik Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
> >Subject: CHAT: Scrabble and other word games
> >
> >Question: In languages that use diacritics, are they usually included in
> >games like Scrabble?
>
> One of my grandmothers had a Scrabble game with Spanish tiles; there was a
> 'qu' tile, '', and maybe a 'ch' and 'll' (don't remember).  There were no
> vowels with accent marks though.

Yeah.  In highschool my German class didn't have enough proper
German scrabble boards, so we often used an old Spanish board,
which had all those tiles you mention.  The German boards did, though,
have umlauted tiles for vowels, although I don't seem to remember any
tile for the ess-zett.

Tom Wier <[log in to unmask]>
ICQ#: 4315704   AIM: trwier
"Cogito ergo sum, sed credo ergo ero."