[SNIP.]

>County Sheriff's Office spokeman Pete Kersey.  Diver Kenneth Segur
regularly
>carries the light as part of his diving gear, Kersey explained.

>Personal note:  I think I will henceforth include a light as a part of my
>daytime diving gear.

Hmm....

This Beggs the question "what safety gear do you always carry?"

I ALWAYS carry a strobe, deco sausage (or flag) + reel, torch, knife,
whistle and siren.  Where possible I also take a pony.

Lately I have been looking are carrying 2 sausages one orange for normal
use and one yellow to indicate sub surface problems.  One of these days I
shall also buy an EPIRB when I have 125GBP to spare.

I would say that lot is the minimum that you should carry.

Cosma

Solution6
     [log in to unmask] - Short Messages to my Phone
     Voice         :- +44-(0)20-7786-5000
     Fax           :- +44-(0)20-7786-5055
     Personal Fax  :- +44-(0)870-127-8355

visit http://www.eccountancy.com
The complete online resource for accountants

This email message (and attachments) may contain information that is confidential to Solution 6. If you are not the intended recipient you cannot use, distribute or copy the message or attachments. In such a case, please notify the sender by return email immediately and erase all copies of the message and attachments.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do not relate to the official business of Solution 6 are neither given nor endorsed by it.