BP Jonsson wrote:

> Has anyone ever got in their head to become fluent in a dead
> language?  (Latin and Sanskrit of course don't count!  Neither do already
> resurrected languages like Hebrew.)

I'm trying hard to become fluent in Old English.  Alas, the vocabulary
is
wanting for some of our daily concerns, but that's where New Old English
comes in handy.  BTW, there is a listserv devoted solely to writing and
communicating in Old English.  Those of you who are interested, please
visit our website with instructions on how to logon and see what we're
doing:

        http://www.rochester.edu/englisc

Sally
SALLY CAVES