Carlos Thompson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Well, unfurtunately for me the closest known conlanguer should be Nik: three
>hours flight to Miami and I guess Gainesville should be easy to get from
>there.  Pablo... some five hours flight to Buenos Aires and some little bit
>yet to Rosario.  John, Steg and other New Yorkians: five hours flight to
>JFK...  I seem to be in an island!

Hm, maybe you could save half an hour if the plane lands in Rosario
directly (most of them don't, shame on federalism!). I think I'm
worst off, though I seem to remember Gustavo Eulalio in Brazil
(are you there, Gustavo?); other than that it's you, or people
in the States, or Andrew -- after a transpolar flight. :)

--Pablo Flores
  http://www.geocities.com/pablo-david/index.html
  ... I cannot combine any characters that the divine Library
  has not foreseen, which in some of its secret tongues do not
  bear some terrible meaning. No-one can articulate a syllable
  not filled of caresses and fears; which is not, in some one
  of those languages, the powerful name of a god...
                   Jorge Luis Borges, _The Library of Babel_