Irina Rempt wrote:

> (well, yes, I've heard of people raising their kids in Esperanto as
> their first language, and I've also heard that those people were
> thrown out of the Esperanto community because the inevitable
> creolization "tainted" the purity of Esperanto. Anyone know how much
> of that is true?)

Hardly.  There are a few hundred native Esperanto speakers, essentially
all of whom are the children of marriages where E-o was the common
language of the household.  In all cases, the children grew up speaking
the local language as well.  Native speakers have no special authority,
but are a recognized part of the E-o community.

--

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <[log in to unmask]>