Christophe Grandsire wrote:

> For a French person, a word like "unamerican" and the like is a mark of a
> deep chauvinism (not that we're not chauvinist of course :) )

Naturally!  After all, your language gave the world this useful word.

> We don't have a "French way of life" the same way as the "American way of
> life". Or at least we don't name it.

All are urged to read the "How to tell if you are American/Brazilian/French/
Scottish/German/Japanese/Finnish/Charyan/Texan" pages at
http://www.zompist.com/amercult.html .  Many of these pages have actually
been written by our own people!

New ones are always in order, too, for any nat- or con-culture.

--

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <[log in to unmask]>