On Mon, 1 May 2000 17:21:01 +0300 Dan Sulani <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> And if we're including natlangs too, in Hebrew it would be:
>
> af exad zoxer shemot shel nemalim .
>
> (Although, on the street, most people would probably
> use a grammatically incorrect double-negative by adding "lo" (=no):
> af exad lo zoxer shemot shel nemalim. )
>
> Dan Sulani
-

That's grammatically incorrect?
I had a very knowledgable Hebrew teacher in highschool make us insert the
_lo'_.  She said that "there is nothing intrinsically negative in _af
ehhad_, so you need _lo'_ to make it negative".
What effect would changing _shemot_ to _shemotam_ have?

-Stephen (Steg)
 "sleep, like a fog, blew over him."  ~  _gilgamesh_