Nik Taylor wrote:

> > Now to return to conlanging...  :-)
>
> Yes, let's.  :-)  The Kassí have a six-day week, named thus:
>
> (Waláaza) Wadlíkanaf - (Day) of Fire
> (Waláaza) Wanípaf - (Day) of Water
> (Waláaza) Wanafakílaf - (Day) of Air/Wind
> (Waláaza) Watisklaanúf - (Day) of Flesh
> (Waláaza) Wakassáf - (Day) of Life
> (Waláaza) Wuppáf - (Day) of Love

Thief! ;)

My personal calendar (The *Chleweyic calendar) uses a combination of numbers
and names for the different concepts... and days are based on "elements"
this way (angle brakets for names in Chleweiyish):

day 0: water day <darit cewto>
day 1: life day <darit teegu>
day 2: fire day <darit decco>
day 3: metal day <darit battu>
day 4: organic-material day (carbon day for short) <darit ficcha>
day 5: air day <darit bluffo>
day 6: moon day <darit lansa>
day 7: sun day <darit gongo>

* Chleweyish, Chleweiness, Chleweyic, Chleweyian... well, I seem to have fun
using all this derivations :D

Lap years are called wet years because they have an additional water day,
inserted at the begining of the year.

There are 12 months and 2 free weeks (or shorter months) the names (and
numbers) are:
 0: free week (5 days, 6 in wet years) <wasmu zuyke>
 1: joy month (30 days) <cosya nirbe>
 2: anger month (29 days) <cosya nyule>
 3: laziness month (30 days) <cosya erpe>
 4: hope month (29 days) <cosya notte>
 5: faith month (30 days) <cosya reype>
 6: tender month (29 days) <cosya syale>
 7: leasure week (6 days) <wasmu deyme>
 8: justice month (29 days) <cosya chowme>
 9: freedom month (30 days) <cosya ceege>
10: fraternity month (29 days) <cosya lassye>
11: love month (30 days) <cosya lombe>
12: soberb month (29 days) <cosya creyfe>
13: craziness month (30 days) <cosya wippe>

All 30 days months begin in a water day and the 29 days months begin in life
day.

Current year is 27, current month is tender and current day is life (first
life of tender).

Years follow a 8 year cycle and there are 16 year cycles each 128 years.
128 is important since there are exactly 31 wet years in the 128 year cycle:

Years in a cycle (octade) are named after animlas:
 0: mouse year <wowop robito>
 1: dog year <wowop brando>
 2: fly year <wowop nuyro>
 3: cat year <wowop wambo>
 4: bear year <wowop tuyco>
 5: toad year <wowop suyno>
 6: horse year <wowop hinhiro>
 7: rabbit year <wowop firdo>

And cycles are named after colours:
 0: black <rurwop lose>
 1: brown <rurwop socce>
 2: red <rurwop loome>
 3: orange <rurwop vule>
 4: yellow <rurwop medde>
 5: green <rurwop quappe>
 6: blue <rurwop fuyle>
 7: purple <rurwop rabbe>
 8: gray <rurwop hayre>
 9: white <rurwop dofe>
10: light sky blue <rurwop djecke>
11: pink <rurwop carse>
12: golden <rurwop bawde>
13: cyan <rurwop wamme>
14: beige <rurwop birce>
15: magenta <rurwop breyse>

Today (from 30th April noon to 1st May noon GMT) is then:
  First Life of Tender of the first Red Cat.
 (teegu syale pesse wambo e loome pesse).
or writen in hexa-octal notation:
 x001Bx6o01 (or 001B601)
 (wowop ghey ruryom cosya rapet darit rey)
 (na na ghey ruryom rapet na rey)

The wet years?
the following years are wet years (in the period 0-127):
      4,   8,  12,  16,  20,  24,  28,
 33,  37,  41,  45,  49,  53,  57,  61,
 66,  70,  74,  78,  82,  86,  90,  94,
 99, 103, 107, 111, 115, 119, 123, 127

Anybody try to guess where was the first Chleweyic day in both Chleweyic and
Gregorian notations?

-- Carlos Th