I just got through studying a couple of pages by Michael Everson (the
ones concerning the old thorn and yogh letters).  And I discovered in
Old Norse (and pre-modern Icelandic) not only the complex vowels  (ae
ligature),  (o-slash), and  (a-ring), but an 'o' with an ogonek
(reversed cedilla), which in Polish (and Old Lithuanian) to mark nasal
vowels.

So what exactly is the value of Old Norse/Icelandic O-ogonek?

Also, Unicode has within the Latin Extended B block (some very exotic
Latin modifications are used; they can be found in the Lucida Sans
Unicode every Windows 95/NT 4.0/98/2000 user should have.  But the
newest form of Times New Roman, Arial, Courier, and definitely other
popular fonts have the three aforementioned modern Danish vowels,
(is that the correct order?), with acute accents.  Is that used to mark
a high tone or a stress accent?  Or does the acute accent mark a long
vowel, like Czech and Hungarian?

Kudos for your help,

Daniel A. Wier (call me Danny)
Lufkin, Texas USA
http://communities.msn.com/DaWier
MSN Messenger Service: [log in to unmask]
Learn the Truth: There are 27 letters in the alphabet!
Join the Coalition for Revival of the Thorn Letter < > today!