Charles H rote:

>         I'd very much like your help on a small matter.  Would anyone be
>willing to summarize the recent history of the IAL movement, in a
>nutshell?

Im not sure quite what you mean by recent here, but i have the following
short history, which i rote myself, at my site:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/5037/IdoHist.html

There are a couple of other historical articles at the same site that may be
of some help to you:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/5037
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/5037/yindex.html

Kordiale, James Chandler
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/5037/yindex.html
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/5037

"It is only fair to mention that many followers believe they in fact have a
practical test for explanatory adequacy: (1) if it's not from MIT, it's
wrong; (2) of two from MIT, the one O.K.'d by Chomsky or Halle is correct"
- Fred W. Householder, 'On some recent claims in phonological theory'