Ooops, before anybody (non-UK) thinks I'm showing off about doing a
Literature O level,
I ought to point out 2 things :
1) It was one of the standard exams for 16 year olds
2) While A to C are pass grades, then you get D & E 'close but no banana' -
I got a 'U'
   grade, as in unclassifiable (sic). (I usually leave it off my CV !)