Hi,

We have had numerous occaisions of dolphins riding and jumping in our bow
wake. Now, this is in a 14' Zodiac. Thay are within a couple of feet of
where you are sitting. Quite exhilerating, their splashes are so close we
get soaked. Have a scanned picture I could send to anyone interested in
seeing what dolphis we have in the PNW,

At 07:47 AM 5/18/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Steven,
>
>I can't say if it's rare or not.   However, we just had a similar thing
>happen to us during our trip Galapagos in March.  We were out in the
>dive panga to get a closer look at a pod of pseudo-orca when a group of
>dolphins *and* sea lions show up to play in the bow wake.  It was
>amazing...they were less than a couple of meters away.
>
>Best regards,
>Russ
>
>Steven Catron wrote:

Wayne McKenzie
Vancouver Island, British Columbia
RV Char-0147            mailto:[log in to unmask]