As there may be newbys reading your post; I presume that 'conservatively'
means you didn't go anywhere near 69m on air ???

PS Spots on his hands ???????
Must have missed this part of DCI training - please educate me (or fill in a
few more
details)

PPS
Stupid, or not, I'm sorry to hear of anybody dying like this - sounds like a
grim way to go