We had a similar experience in the Sea of Cortez a few years back.  A group of dolphins were playing in the wake of the boat.  I had to be physically restrained from jumping in to join them.
Ed

------Original Message------
From: Crusty Russ <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: May 18, 2000 12:47:31 PM GMT
Subject: Re: Surfing Dolphins

Hi Steven,

I can't say if it's rare or not.   However, we just had a similar thing
happen to us during our trip Galapagos in March.  We were out in the
dive panga to get a closer look at a pod of pseudo-orca when a group of
dolphins *and* sea lions show up to play in the bow wake.  It was
amazing...they were less than a couple of meters away.

Best regards,
Russ

Steven Catron wrote:

> [...]
Ed Graves