Mentioning the Sea of Cortez in a previous reminds me of my first warm water (78F) night dive.
We were diving on the Club Med boat out of San Carlos, Mexico.  It was our first time on this boat.  We had a mostly French crew, and a boat master that proceeded to read us the riot act, you will do this, you will do that, no deviations, yadda, yadda, yadda, I was feeling a little rebelious.  I was diving with my son, my brother & his wife, we were off by ourselves in a corner of the boat getting our gear ready, joking around, ribbing each other.  When this crew member approached us & told us he would be our dive master & had been watching us, since we were obviously "experienced" divers, he had talked to the boat master & we would not be diving with the rest of the group & the 5 of us could pretty much do waht we wanted.  All right.
It was a clear warm night, seas flat, almost a full moon.  The dive was excelent ( I don't have my notes with me, for details).  It was my first time diving with bio-luminescence, I was totally enraptured by it, during our safety stop it was all around us, bright ribbons of color in the water, moving with the motions of our hands & body.  It was like the "trips" I took in the early 70's.  I got so carried away that I had to be reminded more than a few times that the safety stop was over, as we snorkeled back to the boat it was all around us.  I kept swimming off course playing with it.  The dive master said it was the first time he'd seen anyone 'narced' at 15 feet.  Flashbacks...what a trip!
Ed Graves
Puget Sound, Washington
http://www.emeraldseadiveclub.org/