Roger Mills scripsit:

> It just struck me that "Roe"  in the famous Roe v. Wade decision

For non-Usonians, that was the case that established a constitutional
right to abortion throughout the United States.

> was a dummy name.

Her real name was Norma McCorvey.  Ironically, she never had an
abortion and is now publicly opposed to the right to abortion
(on religious grounds).

> Wouldn't this be an odd use-- to keep a person's name from becoming
> public knowledge?

It is a very unusual occurrenc, but not unknown.

--
John Cowan                                   [log in to unmask]
        Yes, I know the message date is bogus.  I can't help it.