From: "James Campbell

> Well, I found when I was in Alsace that any attempt on my part to speak
> French was welcomed.

I had a similar experience living in Strasbourg for a summer (the
Strasbourgeois said they have a reputation throughout France for speaking
veerrry slooowly. Is this true, Christophe?). People were all over it
(dude); friendly, eager to be of assistance (even *allude* to the cathedral
and you have a friend for life)... Of course, my French pronunciation is
impeccable ;) so I even managed to get served in Paris with minimal amounts
of contempt.

Kou