[log in to unmask] writes:
>I like this concept quite a bit, but there's something you'd have to
>consider. Since the language would very likely have existed before the
>society became technologically advanced, this gender system would have
>to have been added to the language later. Since (I'd imagine) gender
>systems don't pop up automatically, this society would have to have been
>using electricity and making sythetic materials and such for a long
>time, several thousand years. Either that or it would have to be an
>auxilliary language used by all the inhabitants of the planet, to unify
>it after it became technologically advanced. Say, a scientific language
>that eventually found acceptance in the whole of society.
>
>Just a though based on your thought. :o)

Hmm very good thought there ;). I was thinking the same thing, either the
gender system developed later, or it was a scientific language that was
adapted by the public. Perhaps the need for a distinction came because
people and technology are so linked together?

Soon to be a member of the procrastinators club, once i get around to
joining.